Thursday, August 24, 2017

Two Posts in one week?

I know, right? What just happened? ;-) Ha.

This week has been a little easier than the last. Kind of. Less tears, more sullen, I suppose.

Yesterday, I met some of my family at Toast in Lincoln for supper. I don't think they have a thing on the menu that I haven't liked so far! I got the Caesar Wrap with chicken. So good! They overdid it with the black olives...just a few do the trick! I felt like I was a little too sullen that day. :-( I'm trying, but things are still really hard right now.

My ex's parents are married to different people, so I felt like I lost two families when we split up. I feel like he took the rug out from underneath me and the floor disappeared. The free-fall isn't so startling this week, but it's still present. We are supposed to meet for dinner one night this week or next, hopefully that will be a positive thing. I want to help, but I can't. My grief right now is very great and raw. I'm not sure how to navigate this 'friend' thing yet, I'm not sure what that means to me.

My mom posted the quote, 'What if I Fall? Oh my Darling, What if you Fly?' My wings may be broken, but since Halloween is coming up, I guess I need to find myself a broomstick to make up for what I lack right now. ;-) I'm not sure what that means, but I'll figure it out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the Crohn's front:  It was a little bit of a struggle this week. I left so quickly over the weekend, I didn't really think about packing proper food for myself. You would think hanging out with a bunch of farmers would mean at least some sort of vegetable. ;-) I loaded up on salsa and things like that, so it wouldn't be a total catastrophe! I am feeling the effects of that weekend. Lots of water and good food this week to counteract it.

Oh, and I am so irritated. I was supposed to have a beef brisket for my lunches this week, but the only briskets I found were HUGE and cost $45 and above!! What?? C'mon guys. I realize that beef brisket is something that you only buy for huge parties, but I digress. Sigh. Next time I'll do a little more digging. I only went to one grocery store because I was in a hurry.

My running needs some work. I am being lazy, and it's showing!! It's staying darker in the mornings and it's hard to get up and just get it done! I need some motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment