Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Eclipse Weekend

Hello!! I hope everyone's weekend was amazing.

Mine started out hard. I went for a run on Saturday morning and mowed my lawn. Break ups are just heartbreaking. I went to see him on Saturday afternoon after I finished all of my work at home. I guess it's really over now, but at least now I know where we stand. It really sucks losing someone you love completely to the unknown. He doesn't know where to turn, and I can't help him with any of it.

I made the split decision that night to visit a friend that lives a few hours from me. I called her telling her what went down, and she suggested that I come out to visit and stay for the Eclipse Party. I packed up my stuff, dropped my dog off at my parents' house, and off I went.

That break was exactly what I needed. Took a breath (okay, lots of breaths), gave myself some space to process and deal with it all, and I had a wonderful time in northern Nebraska. I even called in on Monday so I could enjoy the Eclipse with my friend.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Eclipse of 2017!! What a wonderful experience! Holy cow! I really thought everyone was CRAZY to come all the way here from everywhere imaginable. (I had heard there were people here from England!) That was awesome to see, as well. The drive home was....interesting. It required a certain amount of patience and I avoided I-80 at ALL cost. Smartest decision ever. ;-)

We had quite the spread of food. Burgers, hot dogs, chips and salsa, deviled duck eggs (yes, really!), and even cupcakes! I am going to be dreaming about those deviled duck eggs for a very long time. I have two friends that I get duck eggs from. I love them so much! They have more flavor, and they are bigger than a chicken egg. Win-win! ;-) Ha. Here are some pictures from the weekend!

This is the view her parents have every single day:


My crazy, amazing friend:


The 'boys' and Charlie the donkey!! They were soooo sweet!


Here are my friend's chickens! Their eggs are delicious:


Here are the ducks. Their eggs are even MORE delicious:


This is at totality. Gorgeous 360 sunset. Absolutely gorgeous:


The clouds out here were so weird. It had stormed the night before; there was even a tornado!


Here is a panoramic picture I took. 


  Can you see the star?


The sun and the star:


That was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had with nature. This weekend started out so painful, and ended with a sense of calm and clarity. I have an idea of what to do next, so I better get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment