Monday, August 14, 2017

Starting Over

First blog post in a while. This year was a lot better than last year in a lot of ways. I 'think' everything will work itself out, but for now, I'm just taking it one day at a time. There's a lot to think about, and there's a lot to straighten out. I feel like I'm waiting for something to happen, but if I don't DO something, then nothing will ever change. Change is good sometimes, even when it sucks. (I wrote this paragraph in 2016. Crappy that I'm going through this again this year, but funny that a pastor said that exact same thing to me yesterday about DOing something if you want to find your strength). I can DO all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13. The catch is, you have to DO something, not sit on your butt waiting for things to happen.

I dealt with a lot of tragedy last year, and a little tragedy this year. Some of it has been absolutely terrible, and the rest of it seems to at least be improving. Hopefully. At the end of it all, I came out a little stronger than I thought I would. Now another blow has come to pass, and here I sit. I do not like the unknown. I find it hard and frustrating.

I have an opportunity coming my way, but I feel like it's going nowhere. I know I need to be patient, but it's running thin.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the running front, it's getting better. My calf has loosened up to the point where I'm not feeling like death after every single minor run. ;-) It's still very annoying! But, I have races coming up! Specifically my last 10k of the season, The Harvest Moon Hustle (I don't get my BRIN series medal until I finish all three 10k's!) AND my second half marathon. VEGAS. Hopefully I will be able to get back to training for real so I can at least TRY to beat my PR of 2:34:43. I guess we'll see when the time comes!


Before the half, I ran a 5k (ish). The Color Vibe! That was so much fun! Even though it was rainy and muddy! So much color!! Those volunteers were amazing, as well.

 


My last 10k was fun! Cornfield Cornfield on my birthday! That was crazy! We had a tornado go through the night before, so the whole thing was a mess! Oh sweet volunteers, we LOVE you!! They had it all cleaned up and ready to go for the race! The only thing they had no control over was the power. They had to use a generator for the mics. I didn't even know they didn't have power until they told us! 1:04:20. 10:22 pace. Much better than the Leprechaun Chase in March!


After that race, I had a friend that put on a 5k in her hometown of Firth, NE. They raised funds for CPR classes for the town! How neat is that? That was a fun little race, and we received medals! If I look like I'm in pain here, I am:


There were some hills...and I'm still trying to loosen up my calf muscle! So much fun!

I'm not sure what's going to happen next, I just hope things start to look UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment