Thursday, October 19, 2017

Gearing up for a 15k!

Hello! Long time, no talk. Meh. Got busy with life, I suppose. I am in training mode right now. Vegas Half Marathon is on November 12...gulp. I just hope it goes better than the last one did! I think it will, I feel a LOT better this time! My calves have loosened up a bit. They are still tight, but not like they were, which means my feet are happier! Yay!

I ran 7.27 miles on Sunday! I actually felt pretty good after that. I ran 75 minutes, I had a pretty even 10:20 split. Phew! I am so relieved! This injury stuff is for the birds. I am running the Bryan Health 5k/15k. I am going to attempt the 15k this time. Yay for new distances! Always a PR, right? 😉 Ha!

Started dipping my toes in the dating world again. Ick. I am trying a dating app. I KNOW. Crazy, but amusing. I tried Match.com a few years ago (like...2010). All I got out of that were some pretty crap-tastic first date horror stories. Nothing too terrible, but none of them ended up with a second date! Who the heck claims to be a Spartan on a first date? I think he was trying to impress me...it didn't work. Then he dropped his fork in his lap. I felt bad and I was embarrassed for him, but what do you do with that? I mean, I'm awkward and all, but I'm not that bad!

Gentlemen, we aren't that difficult to please! You're a guy! We like those! (Assuming we're straight, and that's why we agreed to go on a date with you in the first place!)--that also means we find you attractive! You're already two for two! Good job! Now relax. Odds are, we are more nervous than you are--which is why some women find it hard to eat a decent meal the first few times we meet up with you. I am definitely not one of those women.

You're welcome.

So here's to more stories and such. I'll probably only document the hilarious ones. We'll see. At least I don't have to pay for this site...hmm...that could make things worse. Ha! You've been warned.

Anyway. Race time! I am so excited for this race! I ran the 5k last year. It was hot out, and it's not looking like it will cool down any for this weekend, either!

Of course, here is an adorable picture of my puppy. He was being super playful and cute yesterday:


No comments:

Post a Comment