Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Leprechaun Chase 2018

Leprechaun Chase 2018 came and went in flash! I haven't been training as much as I should be, but it went better than I expected. My time ended up at 1:10:29! My pace was 11:22 per mile. I'm actually pretty impressed with that. It's slower than last year, but I was running a lot more then. My next race is the Lincoln Half Marathon, so I need to get off my butt and train for that!

This race is definitely a favorite, I've ran it several times with my first being in 2012. I'm reaching for that BRIN Series medal again this year! Three 10ks. One down, two to go. Next 10k is June 16.

My support system this year has been on point! Here we are!

Before


After


This is Rob. He's awesome. Definitely my rock. We met in November 2017 through a few friends' shenanigans. I don't think there is a way to repay them. It's been so wonderful to have him in my life! We moved him into his new house that weekend and he came to support me anyway! Moving lots of boxes and furniture for 3 days, a 10k, and then more days of moving boxes and such. I was exhausted, but it was so much fun. It's so rewarding watching someone reach a goal that they have been working on for so long. Here's to 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment