Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Kye Dog

Kye Dog. My favorite thing, best friend, little love, personal space invader, happiness maker, eyebrow king, and so much more. You have been a huge part of my life the past 10 years. Thanks for letting me be your mom. I will love you forever. Don’t wait for me please. I’ll find you when I get there. Give me about 60 years okay? Chase butterflies, cats, and other dogs. Play. Love only as you know how to love, because it is more than enough. 

January 3rd was one of the hardest days of my life. I haven't been able to post about him until now. It hurts so much. I cry when I'm at home by myself. I miss the sound that his presence makes. The clicking of his nails on my hardwood floors, the heavy sighs I would get when he thought it was time for bed. I even miss the dog hair everywhere. I vacuumed it all up 2 weeks after that crappy day. Cried a lot.

I feel bad that I sleep better now than I have for the past year because I knew something was wrong. He was hurting and there was nothing I could do for him to make it go away completely. Countless vet visits because I was willing to try anything to take his pain away. He wasn't ready to go Home then, and that was fine by me. I bought soft food and hand fed him to make him eat after he lost 15 pounds in 2 months. Then on Christmas Eve it snowed. He went outside at my parents' house and when he came back in, he slipped and fell on the ice. After that is was all downhill from there.

I miss him, but I know he's not hurting anymore. It may seem silly to some that I'm so upset over losing a dog. But, he was my Kye Dog. He was the only being allowed in my personal space with no boundaries or exceptions. He was definitely my shadow, and I could always count on seeing his little face when I would turn around. Or trip over him, ha!



 








                                      


Goodbye my sweet, sweet boy. Love you always.

2 comments:

  1. I am a WRECK reading this post. What a beautiful tribute to your best friend. I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I'd be lying if I said I didn't live in fear of this every single day. My heart breaks for you and I pray you're making your way through the grieving process with tearful smiles as you think back on sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It has been going so-so. Some days are worse than others, but it is getting easier! I keep myself pretty busy, which I suppose is good for me. Hanging out with friends' pets and reading about everybody else's dogs/cats/whatever on blogs and Facebook have been helpful, too!

      Speaking of which, how come you haven't posted a picture of Joey in forever?? He's ADORABLE.

      Delete