Monday, October 3, 2016

Sidney Oktoberfest Beer Run 2016

Here we go! The Oktoberfest Sidney 5k/10k was a blast! Perfect weather. Decent course. Fun costumes. Hilarious medals. I PR'd! Yay! My previous PR was 1:12, I believe. Back in 2014. I haven't ran a 10k since! Ugh. I crossed the finish line with a 1:02:19!! 10:03 minute pace! YAY.

Here I am, ready to do this:


I was Ariel from the Little Mermaid. I had Sebastian on my shoulder for the race. I didn't have time for anything else more creative, plus I don't like adding weight with a costume when I am aiming to PR. :)


This is the medal we got for finishing the race! That's a real pretzel. I was so amused. I was also sad, mine broke within the first 5 minutes of wearing it! They also had a costume contest. Sadly, I did not win. Haha! A lady with a homemade shirt that said I run for beer won it. She even had a headband with beer mugs on it, and a foam beer mug that she carried around with her! Hilarious. It was a smaller race, but that made it so nice.


Here are a few pictures from my walk the afternoon after, and the next morning. Nebraska is so pretty!


There were two horses that I saw on my walk Sunday morning. They were so curious! I don't think they see a lot of people walking on the road. Such beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment