Friday, December 1, 2017

Las Vegas Half Marathon

Hey hey!! That half marathon thing went WAY better than last time! Holy cow. I was sore, yes. Walking long distances was an issues for DAYZ, but I survived! And my body didn't revolt like last time! Yay! I might even consider signing up for another one! Maybe. Probably. Dang it.

Here's some photos:


I bought one, but I can't post it because it's not just me. But if we're friends on FB, you will be able see it.

The race itself was amazing. So cool to see the strip like that! I never would have been able to see the whole thing on foot like that otherwise!

I stayed at the Flamingo, which was nice, but I thought the whole resort fee was a complete rip off. You will never convince me otherwise. The pool was closed because it's the off-season. Sigh. I will know better next time, I guess?


I was SUPER EXCITED to have a bathtub for after the race! I bought an Epsom Salt bath bomb from Nectar Bath Treats. Look them up! It was amazing. No weird chemicals and such. Which is good as my body tends to react badly to bubble bath.


There was a TV in the mirror in the bathroom. That was hilarious.


I was glad to see they have their namesake that you can watch when you eat breakfast or whatever.



This was at the Bellagio. Coolest floral arrangement ever!!


Obligatory race outfit picture. 



Look at our medal!! So cool! It spins and glows in the dark.


Here's my medals as of 2017!! 


After the race, and a shower...and maybe some very painful stretching, we went to Fremont Street. That was amazing! I had one drink, and I was feeling pretty dang good here. Good thing I fixed it a tiny bit with pizza. The other two I was with didn't want to eat after the race (WHAT????) So I made do with stuff I had in my room, but that pizza hit the spot!


We also went to a Michael Jackson show. It was so cool!! They had a hologram of him towards the end of the show. It was amazing! We were even 'rained' on with little clusters of bubbles.


That was a very cool experience. I'll be back next week with a project I worked on last month. I'm a little nervous about the whole thing. It will be interesting to see how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment