Monday, October 24, 2016

Bryan Health 5k/15k/1-mile Kid's Run


Here's the backside of the Nebraska State Capitol Building. It's so pretty! This race was held by Bryan Health. It was so much fun! I ran the 5k. I almost signed up for the 15k, but I wanted to see what I could do with a 5k since it has been a while! My official time was 28:40! A PR by over a minute! It's been a long time since I ran a 5k. Sweet deal.

They had cookies, orange slices, and bananas for the finishers. We also were able to swipe samples from Rita's Italian Ice! I had never been there before, and it was so hot out for a run! It was a nice treat. I stayed around until some of the 15k runners were through. The winner ran it in 55 minutes! Someday I would love to be that fast. Ha! I'm riding out on my runner's high yet. I felt so good after that race! My first mile was 8:36! It's so cool to see what my body can do when I push it.

I'm not sure I'll be racing anymore this year, but we'll see if I can find a decent 5k in December. We've been lucky with all of this nice weather, I'm a little terrified to see what winter will bring us! I have a feeling we are going to get a lot of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment